Welcome to our blog!
RSS

Monday 9 February 2009

Update!!

Its taken me over a month to come back and write something... I started temping in an investment bank and its taken up all my time!! Never a dull moment... I'll share what I remember...

Working 9-5 in a company where I'm the only female and ethnic member of the team!*shock, horror*... what happened to diversity?! Well, I've had to press on and even though the work I could complete the work with my eyes closed... I'm having a laugh just watching the 'rules of the office'...

I'm never at the same desk in the office and constantly being moved around has me sitting next to new people and hearing the office goss. One guy I sat next to liked to make booty calls (I kid you not) during work hours, another guy likes to talk about the weather and how long it will take him to get home... and the rest... football, weather, their missus and the pub!! The conversation is limited but the humour is consistent...

One day on my way to work, got on the train, grabbed a seat and started conversing on my BlackBerry! I felt like I was being watched so naturally, I looked up! I locked eyes with a guy... he looked familiar... so I analysed his face then realised that in actual fact I didn't know him. I carried on my journey, got to my destination and made my way to work! Everybody knows the pace that you walk in when you're in the city... my feet are pounding the pavements fast and hard, when I hear 'Excuse me, did you go to so and so college?'

So thats where I knew this guy from... err nah! He didnt go to my college... or my uni... or my church... didnt live in my area... sooooo you can imagine how confused I was!! Lets cut to the chase... I think this guy has seen me on Facebook tagged in my cousin's pics and tried to style it out like he knew me from somewhere else... *rolls eyes* - anyway the guy seems alrite but its really not that season!

Manifest Destiny '09... got something planned and I'm having mixed feelings but I will let you know nearer the time!!

Keep hope alive!!

- Gabrielle

2 Thoughts and Responses:

Fab Black Woman said...

lol, how has it taken me so long to read this post?!
Hilair!
So what happened with him then?!
BB ME!

Isabella said...

hmmm fab blog!!

Post a Comment