Welcome to our blog!
RSS

Sunday 4 January 2009

The Ex

There are days when I have nothing to write about, either nothing has happened or just writers' block! Thats when I find myself on other people's blogs... surfing the net... just trying to find creative inspiration!


Thanks to my dear friend Mikes, (check out his blog here) I found some inspiration! Great stuff! Now his blog is from a male perspective and when he shared his last post with me, I automatically thought it would be the problems he'd had with his own ex... misunderstood his 'case of the ex' saga!


I've twisted it for this blog, going to address the 'rules' about exes, please feel free to comment... I want to know if I am alone in my feelings toward this subject or whether some people can agree!


My opinion of an ex... a person who you no longer date! Someone who had 'status' in your life but no longer holds that position... for some people they can't stand their ex and for others their ex is their best friend! As for me... I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE one of my exes... I can't say hate because its such a strong word but you get the idea!


Have you ever...

felt like if you never met someone your life would be so much better?

wished you took the time to get to know that person properly?


I can't explain the relationships I have with my exes... they're quite weird! There's one I talk to casually, there's one I don't talk to as much and the one I despise, there is no contact! I mean is it normal to still be in constant contact with ur ex, or am I just different?! I don't understand people who can establish solid friendships with their ex, knowing fully well that this person has all the information they would need to destroy their career.


There's so much to cover in this subject... what about the types of exes?! The type of ex you have determines the way you relate to them! If your ex is crazy... you're most likely going to talk to them with no respect and are most likely to have arguments with this ex! If your ex is pleasant and carries on with their own life then I guess you would do the same... so the greetings could be a quick 'hi' and 'bye'...



What about the way a relationship ends?! Does that affect the way you relate to an ex?! Hmm I think it has some importance! If the demise of the relationship was mutual, then I guess you would be courteous towards each other but if one person ended the relationship... then the other person might remain bitter about it and not be able to maintain a pleasant relationship!!



In saying that though, my first boyfriend... err correction 'autumn romance' lol... called me to tell me he still liked another girl! KMT! He had no idea what he was doing, passing on 'alllll of thissss'... and I was initially angry! Very angry infact! I couldn't understand what he was trying to achieve by telling me that he liked another girl... so in 'Gabrielle' style I told him to get with her and forget what we had *cleaner version*... that was it!!



I used to see him around college with her, oh my heart would drop everytime I saw them... not because I still liked him but that whole situation in itself was embarrasing! I believe in karma though and believe he did get his... hahaha... he got kicked out of college the week after, the girl confessed to everyone that she didn't really like him and my swags had improved immensely!



By that time my confidence had hit the roof and needless to say guys were trying to get the 079... oh karma did me well! Until, my head got too big and she hit me back... but I can get into that another time... for now the moral of the story is... 'exes suck!!' Just kidding! They're alright depending on the factors mentioned above!



No more exes for me!! Yeah I said it, the next one is a keeper!! Real talks!

- Gabrielle

1 Thoughts and Responses:

MLF said...

hey, just stumbled upon your blog through a friends blog..and this post hit home for me..

i ran into an ex of mine last week, at a bar, we ended on mutual terms, had a few relapses, as always, but ultimately, we're still friends.

my point, what was my point???

oh yea, i think sometimes, there are people we meet, who become our ex, but their soul and our soul are intertwined, even if you can't be together, you can maintain friendship and be happy for them in their endeavors...which is always cool.

really enjoying your blog.
much love.

Post a Comment