Welcome to our blog!
RSS

Monday 29 December 2008

An update is more than needed...

So right now I'm in an internet cafe, kmt... my laptop died! *sigh* After spending £200 to get it fixed, it literally just died on my lap... couldn't resuscitate it! I had some things to sort out that my Blackberry wouldn't allow, so thought I might as well update you guys on the latest!! At least keep you amused til the next post!!

Where do I begin...

Ok!! I told you I met someone right... haha... erase that from your memory!! I feel bamboozled once again, because when I met him he was nice, charming and held an intelligent conversation! I don't know whether I was wrong for giving him my number or wrong for not lying in saying I had a boyfriend! Either way... I was looking forward to future interaction and hmm... I was not impressed! Quite appalled in fact!

"On the day I flew back from Naija, I had to go to my girlfriends place because it would have taken me yearssss to get home. As soon as I got there, I fell asleep then I woke up and took my bath!! You know my girlfriend came in to 'SCROB' *side eye* my back... she actually 'scrobbed' my back!"

That was it for me!! A sign from above... such a crystal clear sign that this was not the guy for me!! I can only look back and laugh!!

Nothing much has been happening... just anticipating 2009!! 2008 was shite... I don't care, I don't care! If the year was good for you... congratulations!! I just want 2008 to be over so I can at least anticipate something good happening in 2009!! Manifest destiny and all!!

There seems to be so many events at the end of the year... birthdays, jamming sessions, house parties etc!! I make up for my hibernation in December and these past few days/weeks have been no exception! I really had a good time at a friends birthday dinner... laughing with friends, insulting the waiters (haha... I'm joking!! I would never do that), meeting new people - networking around the room!!! I really liked the company and the guys there were not baaaadd!! Lol! I find it funny when guys flirt... hahaha, every guy has a different method but it's all still the same outcome!! They don't get the 079... loool... but the build up is entertaining!!

I was on a high from my friend's dinner and was persuaded by a good friend to go to a 'get together' sorta thing! Now, I did plan to go earlier in the week but as the day drew closer, I decided against it! I couldn't tell you the reason but I just didn't feel like going! And one lesson I've learned so prominently is 'stick with your gut feeling'... it just wasn't my crowd! I wasn't comfortable and I was on my BB throughout... I love my BB... but come on!! I'm not even going to say what was going through my mind whilst I was there but I will give props to the host ('cos I know he reads this)... It was a good night for many but I'm just not 'down' for that crowd!!

Another big lesson... I go to no events without one member of the team!! A very strict rule from now on... *sigh*


Happy Holidays!!


P.S. Hopefully I will post before New Years Day... but you know the deal!!

2 Thoughts and Responses:

Fab Black Woman said...

haha "erase that from your memory" don't i know the feeling! Always go for the gut instinct and never wait for more signs to come..thats the mistake i have personally made before.
Roll on 2009..
oh and you might want a brief cach-up on my blog (I'm just about to go and update it), you will be suRprised but i did tel you i was one step ahead GIRRLLL!

Unknown said...

Why did I laugh extra hard @ 'Scrobbed' LOL...I can just imagine your expression when he was talking too!

It does'nt matter how much they fight it, the 'twang' will always reveal itself.

...Manifest destiny '09

Post a Comment